Saturday 23 July 2016

Bridges and Churches - 28mm

Here's a look at five scenery pieces I've painted up. three bridges and a chapel and church. They all had lots of stonework so I did them at the same time using hardware store paint for the grey. Very quick to paint these, with the church at back right having a bit more detail and thus time required. 

First up is a Warlord Games resin stone bridge, suitable for crossing a smaller stream. Some Perry Austrian Chevaulegers on 5cm square base fit across ok.

It will span a 5-8cm or 2-3inch river.

Then two Warlord Games plastic stone bridges which come in six parts on a sprue, but assemble easily with plastic glue. The parts are 2 sides, 2 top parts of bridge and 2 undersides of bridge.  

These bridges are considerably larger and will span a 12.5cm/5inch wide river. They will be needed for the Elster River at Leipzig, though a Hudson and Allen 20" bridge may also be put into service as the causeway.

Next is this Tabletop Workshop 'Medieval Chapel'.  I'm not sure this is currently in production. Warlord Games still advertises it for sale, but I tried to order a couple more Tabletop Workshop products in a recent order and was told they were unavailable. I bought this one as part of a package deal from Tabletop Workshop a couple of years ago before that company folded. I understand Warlord Games bought the rights to the plastic castle they made, so expect they might also have the rights to the building range.

The Chapel is a simple affair, 4 walls, a base, and a roof which comes in two parts.

The roof also lifts off and the inside has details you can paint if you so desire. If I play skirmish games I might paint this interior in the future, but I didn't bother at the moment.

Lastly this solid resin church which I picked up off a New Zealand Auction site. Uncertain of the manufacturer and couldn't find it online, but it weighs a tonne! Also not the best sculpt with a number of marked irregularities in positioning of windows and so on, but looks ok painted up I think! 


14 comments:

  1. They all look like great additions, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of those churches off trade me a few years back. You are right- it does weigh a ton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's interesting, thanks for the info Brian!

      Delete
  3. Great looking additions to your collection of terrain pieces, Mark. The little irregularities - hard to find even when looking for them - I wouldn't worry about. I find they add character to such edifices and constructions. Tremendous paintwork on them, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll show you the church in person and you might change your mind Ion, but I get what you mean in most circumstances!

      Delete
  4. Good job Mark, struggle with terrain, always want to be painting more toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark the church is one of my designs, circa 1989, from back in the Military Miniatures days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Mark, I didn't realise it had such a venerable heritage back to MM!

      Delete