Wednesday 3 June 2015

More French Line Lancers - Perry 28mm

Another regiment of Lancers painted up for the Waterloo refights over the next couple of weeks. Done as the 5th regiment, which seems to be one commonly chosen. The light blue facings look nice to me too! 





Here's both my French Lancer regiments together, may they roll lots of sixes! Pennants and lances are from Front Rank. They are a bit chunky but I prefer the solidity of them so they can better resist the rigours of wargaming! More thoughts on them in my previous post looking at the first regiment I painted.

Just over a week until the first Waterloo refight, plane tickets booked and ready!

10 comments:

  1. Your lancers look awesome! and I'm sure the British squares will roll sixes as well! :o)

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handsome unit - the sky blue facings on the dark green makes this a popular choice for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - these regiments certainly have the best facing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job, no square can resist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb painting. The 5th is very popular as one of thje few French cavalry with light blue facings. I chose to to this unit for my first Chevau-lager- Lancier unit back over 40 years ago, and they were complete tigers - my "go to" cavalry unit! Those were Hinton Hunt figures

    When I replaced all my old Scrubys and HH figures starting back 20 years ago, you'd better believe the 5e was among the new regiments as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! More pics over next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's certainly an aesthetically pleasing uniform, much like brown and blue hussars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have said this before: one runs out of superlatives. Wonderfully presented troops. Intimidatingly so, withal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic looking unit! The 5th are one of my favourites too! Enjoy the refights!

    ReplyDelete