Sunday 7 June 2015

French Guard Artillery - Perry 28mm

Added a couple more guns to my French Guard Artillery, another 12 pounder and a howitzer. This brings them up to a full battery of three 12 pounders plus a howitzer for our General de Brigade Waterloo game in two weeks time. Bit tricky fitting everything on the base with 12 pounders but managed it somehow. These are all Perry figures. I note the crew for the Howitzer are different figures from the other crews, though I mixed the figures up a little.

On the two guns that were already painted I also fixed up the front tassles on the bear skins (repainted from white to red!), and added the rank stripes to the arms of figures where I'd missed this first time around.





Looking at the photos I noticed there's also a bit of frosting on the right two guns, especially noticeable on the 3rd 12 pounder barrel from the left. This comes from spraying matt varnish when it is a bit too cold and humid! Will fix it up when I get a moment. Winter is coming on here in New Zealand which will mean less days for spraying figures over the next three months, and more focus on assembling.

13 comments:

  1. Excellent painting on those. I wouldn't have noticed the frosting, to be honest. I've only painted 1 Perry 12-pounder and have had real trouble trying to fit it all onto a stand for my preferred rules - these guns and crews take a lot of space!

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giles, good luck with your own guns!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Very impressive work on your artillery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There are my Beautiful Daughters!"
    Lovely they are indeed - the rank stripes came out especially well!

    There is a certain seasonality to our hobby, isn't there? In the Fall I tend to figure out what I'll be painting the next 6 months (which also means figuring out what games I want to run), and assemble and prime all of those figures before it gets to cold to spray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I'm just going to have to resist the spraying at this time of year, except maybe the undercoat! That's ok I can get a lot of things assembled ready for the spring offensive!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful Guard batteries!

    ReplyDelete